I’ve completed the 30 Days of Biking challenge by cycling every day in April. Yay! I cycled between 2 and 39 miles every day and covered 205 miles for the month. These aren’t huge distances compared with some but I’m pretty pleased all the same. Here are my thoughts now that I’ve finished the challenge.
- The weather was pretty much OK. It was very cold at the start of the month but April was, thankfully, quite dry. The daily cycle would have been harder for me if it had rained a lot!
- It was tough mentally to get into a daily cycling routine. To find the time. Other things, e.g going to the gym, shopping, had to be moved aside for cycling on some days. No bad thing you might say.
- The first week was very tiring (despite some short distances) but my fitness definitely improved as the month went on. I’m quite surprised how much the daily cycling routine helped with that.
- I found it helped my motivation if I mixed up the ride distances. Shorter in the week and longer rides at weekends.
- I have a mountain bike but many of my rides are on country lanes near where I live in Horsham, West Sussex. This made me realise (again) that I probably have the ‘wrong’ bike for the type of riding that I do. Uh oh, sounds like my credit card will be needed for another bike soon.
Overall, I really enjoyed the month and the 30 Days of Biking challenge was a great way of ‘kick-starting’ my cycling for the year!