Here’s a route I cycled earlier this month. I rode from Horsham to Henfield via the Downs Link and country lanes. Overall, including the return journey, the trip was 28 miles on bridleways and quiet roads. It’s a great route!
- I’ve uploaded the route to the Social Hiking – Share Your Adventure website. Here it is. There’s also a .gpx file download if you want to add the route to your bike satnav or smartphone cycling app.
For me, the route is not so far to need time to recover but I still feel that I’ve cycled a ‘decent’ distance. This route is similar to this one, south of Horsham to Partridge Green (PG), but with added sections on Hamper’s lane and from PG to Henfield.
Highlights of the route
- South from Horsham on Sedgwick Lane and on to Copsale is normally very quiet. This section avoids a more strenuous climb up Hard’s Hill at the south end of Kerves Lane.
- Downs Link south from Copsale to Henfield is great! Off-road but easy to cycle. Lovely countryside views over fields.
- Return via country lanes from Partridge Green, via Littleworth, and back to Copsale.
- Near the end of the ride, cycle down the aforementioned Hard’s Hill and Kerves Lane to Horsham. It’s easy to accelerate and reach 40mph on the downhill but take it easy and look ahead as far as possible because it’s quite steep.
I like this route and I cycle it quite often. Here’s a typical view on the return journey! Why not cycle the route yourself?!