It’s almost the end of another year and I’ve been thinking about my cycling objectives and plans for 2014. I’m not sure that I have anything radical planned (in fact, I don’t) but I find it useful to set a few objectives so that I’m more motivated in January. Anyway, here are my thoughts:
- Since 2011, I’ve set a 1200 mile cycling target every year and 2014 will be no different but I’m raising the target to 1300 miles. I’ve increased the target because my Trek FX 7.4 hybrid bike should allow for a few more longer rides.
- In April 2013, I did the 30 Days of Biking Challenge and I’m intending to do that again.
- I was very lazy in January and February and hardly did any cycling so I want to do more in those months (shouldn’t be too difficult!)
- I’d like to ride another cycle route from the Great British Bike Rides: 40 Classic Routes for Road Cyclists book although I found a Chilterns cycle ride from the book very tough. However, I did ride that on a mountain bike so my Trek should make another of the rides a bit easier (famous last words).
- I’d like to cycle on the South Downs more because I didn’t do much of that (if any) in 2013.
Anyway, these are my cycling resolutions for 2014. How about you? Do you set yourself some New Year cycling resolutions? Let me know and we can compare notes!